Saturday, November 29, 2008

Slam poem




This was the beginning of the end:

I can't take the bitter happenings, the green mite that destroys my might, my light. 
I deserve nothing, am nothing. 
I am below ground and earth. 
I am ground beneath boots. 
I am the lowest cord, wrapped around the neck and wrists and ankles and waste. 
I am the grinding to a halt. 
I am the grieving. 
I am the nothing that inhabits nothing. 
I am the empty shell of a thought. 
I am the red warmth that eats you. 
I am the spurt of sadness between tears. 
I am rust in a deep well.
I am the mud...under clay.
I am the dark beyond shadows.
I am the dark blue forgotten.
I am the thump of dead lumbering above your head.
I am the ejected vowel.
I am the bloodless cut.
I am the want discarded.
I am the penny face-down.
I am the last sip of cold coffee.
I am the cold flesh of winter.
I am the dry skin of forget.
I am the lone vibration.
I am the joint, bend-less.
I am myself, the worm.
I am the even less of the worm.
I am the remembered accident.
I am the urine spilt.
I am the ink-spot, wet and mopped.
I am the elusive number.
...the pin unstuck...
I am the ball.
I am the sting left behind.
I am the seven-year-old alive.
I am the pink secret.
I am under the dark space.
I flit in the sun in grim, fog.
I am a non-memory.
I am unmissed and dead.
I am the pathetic piece of life without life.
Mostly, I am alone and pricked, raped and forgotten.
I am the unsung note.
I am the unsung note.
I am the unsung note.
I am the unsung note.
I am unsung.
I deserve less than nothing, 
to be beaten and tortured.
I am the sting,
I am the ripping of flesh.
I want the unopened eyes.
I want the bruise,
the cut,
the scrape.

1 comment:

Freethinking Upstart said...

I think I'm ...

Do you have email?