Friday, October 10, 2008

I wrote this on a Sunday.


     Today, I thought broadly of humanity. I opened my eyes as though closing my eyes to the last dreams in morning mourning.  These thoughts seem real as yesterday, real as unseen tomorrow. It is Catch-22 deja vu. I dream, the memory flits during future action, the feeling. The reality: Neurons fire just out of synchronicity, appearing as a waking dream. These lucid thoughts of last nights' unconsciousness footprints mix with actual happenings. I sift and shake off dreams each morning, search my thoughts for which impressions mirror actions, which mirror desires, which mirror thoughts, mirror the shape of future actions, desires, thoughts. I check for vestiges of my sleep, only to find that my body acts out of habit, out of lust, without judgment while I sleep (I think this incorrectly). My fingers type, brain weighs and computes, eyes scan and see, while I sleep, my consciousness rests in patches. My mouth clicks with larynx, lungs and language modules form sentences without meaning or intention. I guess the mouthed, breathed action quiets bodily inaction during sleep, while I sleep. My arms (I am my arms as long as "my brain" connects to them) immobilize, glued to my sides, askance over my head, legs askew, nailed as chest heaves slowly...so...carefully, while I sleep.
       
        I have entire conversations with the sprites inhabiting my dreams. Whole sentences, conversing with my own mind creations. Seldom do I remember, hopefully the topic fills one deep want, mirrors interests. I wonder what they work out; do we reach conclusions, I and these figments? I speak out loud, it wakes me. I talk to myself all night. I speak with myself out loud, to me, in half sleep.

       At night, I battle thought demons, fears, inaction, action, constantly inhaling (this ever-present cog of me), while I sort, file, sleep. Some of me never rests, only  idles quietly, even while awake. Blood surges, speeds and slows of my accord, not a conscious action, but my chosen action, just the same. What a dauntingly perpetual motion! Every night, potential energy balls in one corner, kinetic throughout another. I AM CONSTANT. This, my body, always awake until silenced, stopped (this will take a large impact). I can impress upon, be impressed, impress, make an impression to reverberate through other minds, or none of these. Every situational life choice/action has more than one correct answer. Let's not cause much distress, let's (my body mind me mix) impress positively, let's love and allow love, let's live in and around those deserving few, let's be deserving.

1 comment:

Don said...

Enjoyed the read, as usual. I felt as though I'd been shown a picture of the old earth compared to present day then introduced to what the future beholds.

And I didn't have to worry about someone talking aloud during this dramatic moment.

I love blogging.